Saturday 11 November 2017

“They didn’t contact me before doing a remix of Joromi" - Prof. Victor Uwaifo accuses Simi and Jaywon of copyright theft

The veteran Nigerian singer and one-time Edo State Commissioner for Arts and Culture, Prof. Victor Uwaifo has broken his silence as he accuses music stars, Simi and Jaywon of remixing his hit song "Joromi" without seeking his permission...




He said he won't be suing them rather he wanted to use this medium to encourage Nigeria singers to always give credit to the composer of the music... Below is what he said during an exclusive chat with Vanguard Showtime...

“They didn’t contact me before doing a remix of Joromi; but I’m like a father to them so I can’t begin to drag them to court, so let them make a living out of it, but at the same time it’s piracy.
I’ve heard it too many times on different occasions; it shows the quality of the music that has come a long way. As far as I’m concerned I’ve lived five lives (from one generation to the other), so if they want to appreciate and still appreciate me, it shows the quality of the music. .
It’s one thing to be an artiste and it’s another thing to stay on the scene for a long time; so I will not discourage artistes trying to remix or do another rendition of Joromi, but rather encourage them to give credit to the composer if they do”.

Wow! He's truly a father.... Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pain" (a poem dedicated to the victims of sexual abuse)

My Pain I remember very clearly, Tears trickling down my face, The tears, coming from the damage you caused, I ask myself, "Will I...