Sunday 22 January 2017

MEET 22YEAR OLD OYINDAMOLA OMOTUYI, BEST GRADUATING STUDENT 2015/2016 SET

Meet 22year old Oyindamola Omotuyi who is set to convocate on the 24th of january as the Best graduating student for the 2015/2016 session from the department of Systems Engineering with a perfect cgpa of 5.0

Here’s our short interview with her.

Was 5.00 GPA your target from the day you got into Unilag?
Not at all. When I finished my first year, my fellowship- The Redeemed Christian Fellowship had overcomers award and encouraged us to do well academically even spiritually so I was challenged by it.

Were you this exceptional when you were in secondary school? Like you had straight A’s in your WAEC?
I had 1st position from Jss1-Sss3. I also finished as the best graduating student in my set. Though I did not have straight As in WAEC but they were all distinctions.

How easy was it to graduate with a 5.0?
Well, I must say it’s been God all through. He provided wisdom at every point. Also, He brought my coursemates and friends who helped me immensely. The likes of Laurina, Rotimi, Gbemi, Yemisi, Tofunmi, The 5, Squad45, Samah, Fesobi, Bidemi, Queenette, TLP etc. I worked a lot with people. It’s good to include that there were challenges but the beautiful thing is that they were for a short while. It was not easy but considering the fact that God provided strength all the way, I would say it was easy with God

How often did you use the library since there were many things to read?
To be candid, I went to the library mainly in my first year. Most of my readings were in my room and faculty.

What would you advise students, both the incoming and those already in school, to do to have an excellent result?
It’s good to read but yet read rightly. Ride on the wings of those that have gone ahead. Ask questions about the nitty gritty of the course and what the lecturer wants. During exams, write what your lecturer want to see not what you want to write. Work with your classmates. I must say that I did what every normal student will do e.g. Read, go for overnight etc. But what kept me there and sustained me is the Lord. Thank you.

Source: campusclique

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Pain" (a poem dedicated to the victims of sexual abuse)

My Pain I remember very clearly, Tears trickling down my face, The tears, coming from the damage you caused, I ask myself, "Will I...